What is acupuncture and what will happen in an appointment?
Acupuncture is an effective, highly developed and trusted holistic health system that has been in use for thousands of years. It is a safe and drug-free option, offering physical and emotional healing and support.
A consultation from both medical science and traditional Chinese medicine perspectives will take place. Questions are asked and observations of the skin, eyes, tongue and how the body moves. Gentle touch may be used on the body surface to determine any tension, swelling or abnormalities, as well as feeling the pulse.
Acupuncturists seek to impart balance and restoration of health, and can do so through different treatment techniques:
- Acupuncture involves inserting fine, sterile, single-use needles into very specific points around the body to adjust and alter the body into healthier patterns and functioning.
- Moxibustion or heat-lamp therapy imparts warmth and relaxes muscles.
- Electro-stimulation innovates and improves nerve function.
- Cupping, gua sha and/or massage relax and stimulate replenishment of blood and nutrients to the muscles.
- Acupressure is fabulous for those who prefer needle-free treatments, and can be taught for home use or with infants.
- Empowering individual needs through education, dietary and lifestyle advice.
The following Mother-Well practitioners specialise in Acupuncture:
To MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with any practitioner, please see their full profile and then click on the orange BOOK ONLINE HERE button.